Integrative care for the body & mind
Personal philosophy: We are on this earth to love, and to heal the parts of ourselves that feel difficult to love.
I believe in the power of the present moment, and acknowledgment of ‘what is’ to heal the body & mind. I have observed that from this place, shifts towards greater health occur.
“According to the … biopsychosocial paradigm, … , there is no real division between mind and body because of networks of communication that exist between the brain and neurological, endocrine and immune systems.” (Oakley Ray, Professor Emeritus of Psychology, Psychiatry and Pharmacology at Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA) (see V. Brower article)
As a Registered Massage Therapist (RMT) and a student of A Course in Miracles, I have the privilege of working with people to restore balance in the physical body and peace to the mind. Over the years, I’ve come to see pain as the body demanding attention to the present moment. Hands-on treatment often provides some relief, while lasting changes come from compassionate attention to one’s present situation and a willingness to believe things can be different.
There are many, many healing modalities and self care practices to aid in greater presence, and therefore greater health, in life. There is no 1 right way to do it! Please refer to The Session page for information on my current tools and offerings.
Please refer to the Evidence-Based Research page for links to articles and peer-reviewed scientific studies regarding the mind-body approach to integrative health care.
CONTINUING EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS:
- Stress and the Relaxation Response: The Fundamentals of Mind Body Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital (2017)
- Mental Health and the Body Symposium, RMTA (2017)
- Be in Harmony Workshop, Lise Bourbeau (2017)
- Zero Balancing I, Sheila Lukasiewich, BPE, BSC (PT) (2016)
- Healing Qigong, John Weiss, MMQ (2016)
- Self I-Dentity Through Ho’oponopono, IZI LLC (2016)
- Manual Lymph Drainage, Therapy I, Dr. Vodder School International (2014)
- Diploma of Massage & Hydrotherapy, Utopia Academy (2012)
- Diploma of Acupressure, Shiatsu major, Canadian Acupressure College (2005)
- Certificate of Foot Reflexology, Pacific Institute of Reflexology (2004)
- College of Massage Therapists of BC, active registrant
- Shiatsu Therapy Association of BC, member